Monday, January 15, 2007

Redeeming my Yarn Purchases

Thanks to all for your feedback on what to do with the Uruguian yarn (did I spell that right?) I think it's an amazing coincidence that Lynae bought some from the same seller! I originally bought the green colorway thinking of my middle daughter who is obsessed with green. Picture a girl with green pants, a green top, a green sweater, a green headband and even green eyes to go with it! Well I was watching Knitty Gritty the other night (I'm so excited that we finally get it) and they were making the most adorable little shrug. It probably helped that it was green! Anyway, she really liked it so I am giving it a shot. Here it is so far. The pattern stitch is easy but looks really neat - you knit one row and then you k1,p1,k1,p1, etc. on the next row. It's sort of a faux rib that doesn't get as springy. I've never made anything that needs to fit someone before except for some hats so I'm really hoping this fits her. Also it will be edged in crochet which I don't know how to do but it looked easy enough on the show! I'll keep you posted! Also some folks wanted to know how to find this seller on eBay and since I'd love company of others getting sucked in to this here goes it is called Pure Wool or something like that. Let me know if you buy anything!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, you know anyone who needs some skeins of light pink? LOL

I have plenty to share.

Bonnie O. said...

That green mix is turning out so pretty, Allison. Can't wait to see the finished shrug!

Janice said...

I love how the shrug is coming so far...Your daughter will love it! The beautiful flower in the picture makes me think of Spring now that we are buried in snow.....