Thursday, October 25, 2007

SLOC

The thing I have noticed while working so diligently on the Secret of the Stole is that I don't have much time to work on other projects. This then leads to a serious lack of content (a.k.a. SLOC) for the blog! I guess it's just the yin and the yang of knitting. I'm making good progress on one item which naturally causes another project to fall behind. If you catch up on reading the knitting blogs you fall behind in your actual knitting. Many nights I try to work for awhile on one project and then switch to another. After all, I wouldn't want one of my yarn babies to feel like I loved the others better now would I? I did have time last weekend during Horsey Girl's horse show to start yet another hat. I got this new yarn by Skacel - yes - the makers of those wonderful Addi turbos - and it is so yummy. It is a silk/wool blend and I got one skein in brown and one skein in a turquoise blue. I figure I can make two mirror image hats - I sure hope so. I'm really loving working with this yarn. Also a special benefit of the horse shows is that the owner of one of our LYS' has a daughter who rides at the same stables. She and her hubby knit during the show and they are a great place to turn to answer on the spot questions! Nothing like instant gratification. And because even more than my yarn babies I love my real babies - I have to brag that Horsey Girl won 7 ribbons in the show. We are so proud of her. Now if I could only figure out how to knit her a horse!

7 comments:

Janice said...

Yeah for Horsey girl!! You must be proud! What fun to have fellow knitters there with you! Love the colors of your new hat.

hakucho said...

Congratulations on all those ribbons! It's really hard to balance everything out...something has to the give. Just keep doing what your doing...you do beautiful work and isn't it nice to find fellow knitters!

happy knitting :)

Bonnie O. said...

Congratulations to the little equestrian. You know, if you were a nice mom, you would buy her a horse. I'm just sayin'!!!

(Wait til you see what I started knitting this weekend. You're going to want it!)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to her! Cool!

Jknits said...

Knitting ADD?
Love the hat
Go horsey girl!

Dorothy said...

Congratulations to Horsey Girl!

Brooke Knits said...

Hi!! My friend, Julie, and I have our room booked for Stitches!! We must meet up!!