Friday, July 27, 2007

Yes it Really Is that Bright!

At the beginning of the summer I came across a pattern on Knit Picks for these tote bags and thought they were adorable. I immediately put everything else aside and started one for Miss K in this neon shade of green in Katia Sonrisa. The yarn is a very fun color and I think that the bag is turning out really cute but the only problem is the yarn is rough so I can't work on it for long periods. I've decided to use the yarn doubled which makes it even more coarse. Of course I'm not following the pattern exactly so I need to decide how big to make it. Also it has some fussy little i-cord draw string closure which I will make to pull it shut but it seems that it should have a strap or something don't you think? Seems odd that you would carry it around by either carrying the entire thing in your arm or trying to hold on to some drawstring i-cord. Any ideas?

2 comments:

Janice said...

I love the bag.. the colors are great! I also think you need a strap of some sort.... Would a leather strap work? I have so many things I want to cast on that it is paralyzing me!! Has that ever happened to you?
PS. My package arrived and it is so so so wonderful!!!! It's on my blog today :-)

hakucho said...

Your bag is wonderful. I guess it depends on what you are using your bag for, but I know I'm partial to the straps that are part of the bag's construction like with Maia's felted bags. I'm not sure if it will work on yours, but I'm sure you could use a leather or fabric strap.