Friday, July 21, 2006

Gone Knitting - Make your own Dinner

My daughter went to Granny Camp this week. This is basically where my kids go one at a time to visit my parents and get spoiled rotten. My Mom cooks their favorite foods, they go out to their favorite restaurants, they sew, shop, play tennis - I WANT TO GO TO GRANNY CAMP! Anyway, while she was there my daughter decided to rat me out. She told my folks that (i) I wouldn't let her buy mouthwash because it is too expensive, (ii) she needs a filling but I'm too busy to take her to the dentist, and (iii) that she needs toe surgery but I can't be bothered to make that appointment either! Can you believe it??? Now let me set the record straight - I NEVER EVER told her that either she couldn't have mouthwash or that it was too expensive. Mouthwash? Too expensive? Only if it cuts in to the yarn budget. Now the dentist part - well there is some truth in that. See she had an appointment that I spaced on and missed, and well the receptionist there is very mean and I don't really want to face her after that, and, and, and But the toe surgery is absolutely not true. After the surgery she can't swim for 2 weeks and I sort of thought that it being summer and her being on swim team and all that maybe it should wait a while. I guess now that she's home I should make sure that she knows I have time for her and make some of these appointments. I will - really - right after I'm done knitting.

5 comments:

Bonnie O. said...

Did my kids somehow sneak out to your house? I am NOT giving up the "Most Unfair / Mean Mom in the World" title. No way.... I worked long and hard to earn that.

Anonymous said...

Oh, maternal revenge! schedule that toe appointment right away. Is it over 100 at your house? It is at mine! And then, the day after the toe thing, schedule the filling! Then, but Listerine at Costco, a great big 50 gal. bottle of the stuff, put a bow on it and set it in her bathroom. See, now you're showin' the love! You can make up for it by teacher her how to knit while she recovers from her "procedures" - Perhaps stuff like this is why my kids moved out so soon.... maybe - maybe not. they keep coming back and they keep callin' so I could not have been too bad.

Anonymous said...

LOL I agree with brooke!!!..That will teach your girl to bemoan over her mom not taking care of her *lol*.. My son just had a filling done a couple days ago he was NOT HAPPY with me. *lol*

lauriec said...

You're scaring me! Should I look into boarding school for my 2 yr old???

Allison said...

I think Laurie is on to something - boarding school! I will follow Brooke's advice and get those appointments made. I love the idea of a huge Costco mouthwash!!! Then maybe I'll schedule some appointments for Bonnie's kids! Ahh I think she'll be joining Wendy's son thinking it wasn't so cool anymore!