Saturday, September 09, 2006

The Day the Harlot Came to Town


Tonight the Yarn Harlot came and spoke at my LYS. I have been so excited to see and hear her and she did not disappoint. She spoke for an entire hour and was hilarious the whole time. I know from reading her blog that she is nervous speaking in front of large crowds but she sure doesn't show it. There were over 300 people there and she seemed as calm as could be. Afterwards I got some books autographed and she even held my Tote Exchange tote (together with the infamous sock!) for a photo op. Hopefully my downstream pal will think it's a cool as I do that her bag has been fondled and photo'd with the Harlot. She knew instantly that it was Malabrigo yarn. That really surprised me because there are so many yarns in the world but she recognized it right away. I told her it was my "first time" with Malabrigo and she said, "beware - it won't be your last!" Another really great part of the evening was that I got to meet my SP8 Upstream pal in person. Brooke drove over 4 hours to see the Harlot and it was so fun to meet her. Since I don't know how she feels about photos of her on blogs I took one from the back. She is very nice and I really enjoyed getting to meet her and spend some time with her. All in all a fabulous evening!

4 comments:

Jane said...

Lucky you, and lucky pal who will receive that bag! I love the way you photograph your yarn and FOs in your garden - beautiful pictures and beautiful felted bags.

Judy said...

Congratulations on meeting the Yarn Harlot and getting those great pictures !!

Kish said...

How cool that you got to meet your secret pal! It sounds like you had a great time. I love your pictures from the previous post as well.

lauriec said...

How great is that?!!! I wish she'd come to our LYS!