Thursday, November 02, 2006

Life is Uncertain - Eat Dessert First!

I have always liked that saying - I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that I'm a chocaholic! But I think it is an important reminder that we should be sure to focus on the fun and good things in life and not always put them off because we have to do the other, more responsible things. Take for instance a trip. I am going away this weekend with my daughter and her friends in celebration of her 13th birthday. Mom is coming with me and we plan to do a lot of relaxing and knitting. I have been extremely busy at work and haven't had any time to think about what I should pack let alone start packing. I HAVE however, spent a great deal of time thinking about what knitting items I should take with me. I will be taking this scarf I am making for Red Scarf Project 2007, another scarf I am making for said project, the yarn and pattern to start a hat for the soldiers for the Ships Project and based on Judy's terrible influence - the yarn and pattern to start the Hyphen Boy Modular backpack. Now mind you we will be at our destination for a grand total of about 42 hours but I plan to do a lot of knitting and heaven forbid I should run out of projects! Priorities folks, PRIORITIES!

2 comments:

Judy said...

I hope you are having a great weekend away and I can't wait to see your Hyphen Boy progress!!

Jane said...

My favorite saying! I hope you are enjoying your weekend - sounds like a lot of fun.