Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I Needed Another Scarf

Actually the last thing I need is another scarf but I just couldn't help myself. Every time I went in to my LYS, they had this amazingly soft, snuggly scarf hanging there. Each time I would fondle it but then tell myself I didn't need another scarf. The yarn is Cypress Mohair and it is a mix of acrylic and mohair. That was another reason not to make it - I generally don't like knitting with acrylic. But the mix of colors is amazing and it is just so incredibly soft that I found myself compelled to make one. I am so happy that I did. The yarn is wonderfully soft to knit with and the scarf is just so comforting to hold. To take this photo I sort of tossed the scarf in to the flowers. Then when I pulled up the photo on the computer I noticed it was shaped like a heart! The scarf must know that I love it. Too bad the weather is warming up now that I'm almost done!

6 comments:

hakucho said...

Love your "heart"! Some of the new acrylics out there now are wonderful. Easy care and SOFT is what I like, but when you really come down to it, knit with what you enjoy and everything is good, right?

happy knitting :)

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

What a beautiful looking scarf!

LisaW. said...

gorgeous scarf Allison...please send me your email addy if you haven't yet so i can add you to the elann shawl KAL.

lisamidwifeknitsatyahoodotcom
have a great day!

AlisonH said...

Very cool photo and scarf.

Janice said...

It's a beautiful scarf! I love how the colors change! There are cool evenings ahead, I'm sure, and you'll be able to use it!!

monica said...

Lovely scarf. I love the colors.