Monday, May 21, 2007

My Hundredth Post!!!


On this auspicious occasion of my 100th blog post I want to talk about giving back to this great knitting community which I am so happy to have become a part of. Next month Mom and I will be participating in the Relay for Life. Relay for Life is a major fund raiser for the Amerian Cancer Society. Relay events occur all over the country and the one for our town is coming in June. Basically people walk for 24 hours to raise money for the American Cancer Society. Often people form teams and take turns walking to cover the entire 24 hours. Well my LYS Full Thread Ahead, has created a Team Knit Around. Instead of walking you knit chemo caps. She sets up a tent alongside the track and folks come and go and knit for 24 hours. Mom and I plan to be there from about 10 p.m. until midnight. It's a fabulous idea and a whole lot of fun. So I'd like to invite all of you to join in the fun. If you are so willing/interested, please knit chemo caps and send them to Hollis at Full Thread Ahead. Be sure to send them so they arrive by June 24th and put a note in the package that you sent them based on this post. If you don't have time to knit a cap you can go to the FTA site and donate to Team Knit Around. Also please send me an e-mail at lahamltAgmailDOTcom to let me know you sent a hat or made a donation. Everyone who sends a hat or makes a donation will be entered in to a prize drawing. You will get one entry per hat (or per $10 contriution). The winner will get lots of cool knitterly stuff (be sure I have your address!) Maybe Hollis will even donate something from the store for the prize package (hint, hint)! If any of you are in the Bay Area and wish to join us in person I hope you will! My heartfelt thanks to all of you for making my first 100 posts so much fun!

6 comments:

HoJo said...

Thank you for you support for Relay for Life. Both my mom and bff are breast cancer survivors so this one is near and dear to me.

Never be let it said that I can't take a hint. ;} Pop me a line and I'll figure out something to donate. Oh and congrats on your first 100 posts.

Janice said...

What a great idea! Wish I could join you!! I will have to check my patterns for a hat pattern that I can handle :-) Happy Knitting!!

Jknits said...

Congrats on the Big 100! Your blog is a fun read. Keep it up :)

Judy said...

Congratulations on your 100th post and great idea to knit for the Race for Life!

hakucho said...

Team knit around is such a cool idea :) I have heard of relay for life, but never the knitting counterpart.

happy 100th post :)

monica said...

Congrats on your 100th post. I will be knitting a hat or two and sending it in.
Happy knitting