Thursday, January 31, 2008

Smoke and Mirrors

I've decided to distract you from the fact that I have no new knitting content with these gorgeous photos my colleague just sent to me from Laos. She is on a "walk about" in Asia and takes the most wonderful photos. The amazing thing is that she is e-mailing me right now while she is on a 22 hour bus ride to Hoi An (I have no idea where that is but shoot me if I ever suggest a 22 hour bus ride - Mom - wanna take the train?) Isn't technology amazing though? To think she's on a bumpy bus in the middle of nowhere sending me e-mails! Only bad part is she is e-mailing asking if she can stay gone until March 15th. So despite the fact her clients are driving me crazy and we could really use her help I said yes. Guess I'm just a push over for a good vacation (that and I made her promise to bring me yarn!) Hope you enjoy the photos. Back with more knitting soon.


6 comments:

Janice said...

Gorgeous photos!!! Wow, gone until March 15th??? That's a long vacation! (She better bring you LOTS of yarn!!!)

km said...

I could use a LONG vacation. But, I bet your colleague is visiting family. And, I'm lucky to have mine close to me. I love the parasols. I wonder what has happened to 2008. Seriously...knitting/blogging have taken such effort. I don't want to feel behind, yet I was better off in December when I was madly finishing my Koolhaas. What little knitting I've done sure hasn't made it to my camera.

monica said...

Umm, yes I would want to be shot too if there was a 22 hour bus ride involved.
Those are beautiful pictures.

hakucho said...

That's a very good deal...longer vacation = bring Allison lots of yarn...you both make out :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures. No wonder she doesn't want to leave.

Jknits said...

I might put up with a 22 hour bus ride for all that vacation time. Thanks for sharing the pics