Both Hakucho and Monica nominated me for the "You make my Day" Award. It is so very sweet of you and I thank you both very much. You both made my day!!! I'm so happy that you folks enjoy reading my blog. I certainly enjoy writing it and visiting yours.
So here are the rules:
Give the award to up to 10 people whose blogs bring you happiness and inspiration and make you feel happy about Blogland! Let them know by posting a comment on their blog so that they can pass it on. Beware! You may get the award several times! There are definitely more than 10 of you out there but being a lawyer I feel a need to stick to the rules . . . . So here goes!
* Hakucho not only for being the first to nominate me but also for being such a lovely person. Her comments are always so beautiful. I would definitely like to meet you one day - you are so nice!
* Monica also for nominating me and for having a fun blog to visit. Starting with the Wallace and Gromit photo and going from there. Don't know what I would have done with my time without her famous ballband bag!
* Bonnie my partner in crime from our days of starting and hosting the International Tote Exchange. I have gotten to know her so well and we have become good friends. We have a ton in common but I have to get her off her sewing kick and back to knitting!
* Jennifer who was my downstream partner in one of the ITE's and who I was lucky enough to meet when I went to Boston. We have also become great friends and I'm so lucky to have her in my life. It has been so much fun sharing our knitting trials and tribulations.
* Brooke my wonderful upstream pal in SP9 who once again I've had the good fortune of meeting in person at the Yarn Harlot event. I just realized how I was knitting Jen's bag when I went to the event so it's sort of like Jennifer and Brooke have met! Brooke's blog is always hysterical!
* Janice whose house I always want to go to! I've never been though given we live sort of far away. I love reading her blog and hearing what they are up to. Doesn't it always look like so much fun? And her recipes are really, really yummy! What is truly amazing is how many socks she made last year!!!
* Alison who not only has a great name and is the author of the wonderful book Wrapped in Comfort, but who is so generous with her knitting! She doesn't just knit hats for people but entire shawls! Her entries are always so beautiful.
* Lisa who lives all the way in Alaska and does such gorgeous knitting. We've met through blogland and I think we'd have a lot of fun together if we ever find ourselves in the same state! Congratulations on your first steeks! I'm still too chicken to try that one.
* Kristen my new friend from the Fall Felted Bag Exchange. She was my upstream partner and made me that gorgeous purple and red bag that I use all the time. We've been having a great time getting to know one another.
* Smariek makes the most complex cable scarves and publishes her patterns for all to enjoy. Plus she makes all those cool dishrags and hats and posts those patterns as well. I don't know how she has the time to do all that but I really appreciate it and have made several of her patterns. I love reading her blog as well.
* Wendy last but certainly not least is Wendy who was one of my first friends in knitting blogland. We met at the International Scarf Exchange and then she started a bag group. She's a kick and so full of life that I love reading her blog.
I decided to make a valentine hat for Miss K so I combined the daisy stitch for the brim and then some plain old stockinette. I love the way the daisy stitch looks but it is so hard to do. Not mentally but physically! It really hurts my hands. I kept reminding myself that there were really only 6 tough rows in the brim but it still took a lot of effort. It has been non-stop rain around here so I couldn't get a very good photo. I also found a cute intarsia heart hat that I'm going to make for Horsey Girl. Hopefully I can finish both before the big V-Day!
Some of you asked for the stats of the yarn I bought in Ojai. The baby yarn is Zarina Print 100% lana extrafine merino superwash by Filatura Dicrosa baby. The really soft yarn is Savoy by Tahki Stacy Charles. It is 52% silk and 48% merino but pretty reasonably priced.