Sunday, March 02, 2008

Clapotis for Me

In the past I've made two Clapotis and have given both away. Then Jennifer told me about the Fashionably Late in 2008 KAL and I decided it was time to sign up and knit a Clapotis for me! I bought some gorgeous Tess yarn at Stitches that I had planned to use. However when I started working with it I decided it was too thin (it is the one pictured here.) Then I remembered that I had bought some thicker Tess yarn last year and so I went digging for it. Guess what? It was the EXACT SAME colorway! So what does that tell you? Anyway, I fired it up and am on my way. There isn't quite as much of the thicker yarn as is called for in the pattern so I'm making it a little thinner than the pattern calls for. Here are also a few more photos from my Stitches haul. I got some of the new Malabrigo silkie yarn which is a combo of silk and merino. I love Malabrigo and this silkie version is amazing. I got the colorway Stone Chat which is the same color as I used to make Jennifer's backpack in the first Internationaal Tote Exchange. Also I got some fabulous Baywood silk and merino sock yarn. The maker is a local artist located in San Mateo. Unfortunately she doesn't sell on-line but only through a local yarn store that is just a tad far for me so I don't get there that often. I found this great turquoise and brown colorway that I am excited to try. Last but not least is some yarn that I didn't get at Stitches but rather ordered from the Loopy Ewe. They have started a series called "Legends" where they name colorways after their favorite customers. This one is named from my good friend Janice so I just had to have some. It's called Janice's Sunshine in Winter. Isn't it gorgeous? Just like her!

6 comments:

km said...

I'm knitting a Clapotis too. Did I tell you that already. I don't know if a KAL is too much for me. But, this knitting is perfect for movie watching with M. I've already started dropping...and I can see why you'd knit another one of thses.

Janice said...

You're too kind!!!Love ALL the yummy yarn that you've recently added to your collection. Good for you knitting a Clapotis for yourself!!!

smariek said...

That's some yummy looking yarn. I really like the colors in the Malabrigo, it's absolutely gorgeous.

Wow, I'm havign a bad word verification day, here goes my 3rd try...

hakucho said...

I so glad you are making a clapotis for you!! I've admired that pattern for a while now...must give it a try someday. Pretty new yarn...lucky you :)

Jknits said...

I was just noting how much I loved the color of the Malabrigio too! What a coincidence. It's too funny that you picked out the same colorway twice! And this is a perfect argument for having a good stash - then you have yarn for a project when you want it.

monica said...

I have not knit the Clapotis at all. I will have to knit that sometime.

All your new yarn looks yummy.