Happy day-after-Memorial-Day to all of you! I hope everyone had a nice weekend. Mine was lots of fun but not quite long enough. What is it about a three day weekend that makes you think you are going to get so many things done? And then you don't finish even half of what you thought you would do. Now I just need another 3 days off!
The baby sweater is coming along. I finished knitting the various pieces and my wonderful Mom is putting it together for me. She is an excellent seamstress and I knew she would do a much better job than me. She is bringing it back tomorrow and then I just need to crochet the contrasting border and it will be ready for the shower this Sunday. I'll snap some photos before I give it away. With Jennifer's encouragement I decided to make a hat that matches in the contrasting color. Thankfully that knit up quickly in just 2 days. As to the shower - we are now at 56 people! It has definitely blossomed in to something bigger than we expected. Hopefully it will be a success. I know my daughter's teacher will be extremely touched when she sees the turn out. She is new to our town this year and has made a great impression on everyone.
Kristen tagged me with this fun game so here goes. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.
1) What was I doing 10 years ago? Ten years ago I was doing a lot of what I'm doing today, I was married with two of my kids ages 2 and 4.5. I didn't have all the kids acitivities I have now though! We were living in a different city, about 30 minutes north of where we are now and were shopping for our current house. What I didn't know w asthat a month later I would have one of the worst experiences of my life when I fell, shattered my heel, ended up with a plate and seven screws in my foot and a year of physical therapy ahead of me. That is certainly something I'm glad is in my past!
2) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order):
Get several things done at work, give some books to a friend who works at a school I am donating them to, pay bills, fill out various end of year school forms and clean up my room (like that will happen :-)
3) Snacks I enjoy: apples, chocolate, chai latte from Starbucks, fresh berries and nuts.
4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire: First I have to say it is so sad that this question has to say "billionaire". Twenty years ago "millionaire" would have sounded pretty good! If I were a billionaire I would first give some money to family, friends and charities. I like charities that help children, cancer victims, animals and help teach people to read. Then I might just quit my job, travel, buy a new house or perhaps a house in Hawaii, buy yarn . . . .
5) Places I have lived: Northern California (at least 8 different places), Texas, New York and on a ship - just 4 actually!
6) Jobs I have had: working in a Hallmark store, working at Bullocks department store, secretary, lawyer and MOM.
7) 6 peeps I wanna know more about:
Can't wait to see what their answers are!