Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Don't Rag on Me!

OK first things first. Berroco Jasper yarn is on sale here! Check it out. I was asked if it is really as soft as it looks and the answer is yes. It's not quite Alpaca soft but it is very soft and snuggly and nice to wear as a hat, scarf, gloves, anything. Really - you need to make a hat!


Now - to the purpose of THIS post. Anyone out there playing Dish Rag Tag The Sequel? If you are - beware Magic 8. We are going to win this time! Well I received the box yesterday with a lovely purple dishrag from Jaynee along with chocolates and some cherry Carmex. How did she know I love cherry! As soon as I got a free moment I took the brightly colored ball of cotton out of the box and knit my fingers to the bone to finish my dishrag. I stayed up late and got up early but I wanted to do my team proud. I packed it back in the box this morning with a new skein of cotton and some goodies for Jill and off it went. I never knew one could feel so much pressure to knit a dishcloth! It never ceases to amaze me how many fun folks there are out in the knitting world. There are almost 300 knitters competing in this game of Tag!

5 comments:

Janice said...

Ok, ok... I ordered some Jasper and will make a hat :-) Great job on your dishcloth! I love the way your colorway turned out! May the best team win!

hakucho said...

You are a speed demon :) Love both the purple and variegated cloth. Good luck to your team :)

Red Jeep Knitter said...

Your dishcloth turned out great! I still owe you a good, unmelted gift! Jaynee, Magic 8

Bonnie O. said...

How lucky are you to get that pretty purple cloth!! I love the yarn you used, too.

Good luck to Magic 8

LisaW. said...

love the dishcloth! and your hydrangeas are so pretty. wish they'd grow up here..sigh.