Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Never Enough Time

I am continuing to learn how to use my new macro lens and I think things are getting better. I just wish I had more time to play with it and study what to do. The story of just about everything in my life. I wish I had more time to knit, more time to read, more time to photograph, more time to blog and read your blogs and most of all more time to have fun with my family. But I've been trying to make the most of the summer and get home a little earlier and do some fun things. We have a vacation coming up and I plan to bring lots of knitting, books and of course my camera. I do that every year and bring most of it back barely touched but hope springs eternal!
On the knitting front I continue to work on my Girasole and it is progressing well. I think I'm more than half way done but I'm not quite sure. This is the first time I've started a shawl and wanted to work on it almost exclusively. Usually I flit from project to project. There is one project that I have also been working on, especially when I need something mindless. I have a friend who is going through hard times and I wanted to knit something for her. I couldn't decide what and then one day I stepped in to my LYS and saw this gorgeous new Berroco Lustra yarn. It just shimmers and comes in all these gorgeous deep colors. I decided a scarf out of the luminous turqouise was just the thing. I tried some lace designs but ultimately decided a simple ribbed scarf shows of the yarn the best and is oh so yummy! It's taking me much longer to make progress on the scarf even though I seem to progress quickly on the shawl. I think it's the knitting in the round!

Look who came to visit us last night. He had a friend with him as well. We have several young bucks in the area with their horns still fuzzy. They are truly gorgeous creatures.






1 comment:

Jknits said...

I'm just catching up now - Love the cupcake - it's darling. Love the hats - I'm looking forward to winter when I'll want to knit them again. Great bee pics - what fun to have a lens like that to experiment with.