Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Round and Round and Round

I've been working on the Girasole by Jared Flood and I must say that I LOVE this pattern! It's really quite easy yet it looks so fancy in the end! It is knit in the round which clearly goes faster than having to turn after every row and the pattern continues to change to kee in interesting. It is really quite simple lace knitting and I think both the novice and experienced lace knitter can enjoy it. I'm making this one out of Malabrigo silky merino which is wonderful to work with. It's hard to show you what it really looks like since it is crinkled around the needles but you can check it out on Ravelry to get the full view. I think I'm about half way done now (further than when the photos were taken) but it's hard to say. Also the stitch counts goes up and up so each row is now taking much longer so it's not entirely clear how much longer it iwll take me.

I have been wondering lately what's going on in the knitting blog world. It seems we're all posting less and commenting less. Does that just mean we're busy? Have people gotten tired of the blogs? Is everyone spending their time on Ravelry instead? Do other people see what I see? Does anyone have any ideas what is happening?

Not much else is new around here. I did get a new lens for my camera - it's called a macro lens for taking very close-up photos. I'm still trying to get the hang of it. I'd love to hear from any of you who are experienced macro lens users for your tips and suggestions. We continue to enjoy the summer with the kids and they are very busy with a variety of camps. On any given night I'm down at least one kid and that in itself it a little odd. I want to go to camp! Instead I go to camp work every day. I hope everyone is having a wonderful summer.

3 comments:

km said...

I can only speak for myself. My life has exploded with busy-ness. I'd love to have more time to blog.

Jknits said...

I've noticed it too - have blogs been overshadowed by Ravelry, Facebook and Twitter? I hope not, I like blogs.

hakucho said...

I know I've been very neglectful of my blog and also checking up on everyone. I just don't seem to have the time. I really don't know where the day goes. I try to catch up here and there and then something happens and I'm back to square one again. Oh, well...good thing for my google reader....at least I know where to go when I find a few minutes :)

happy knitting :)