I finished my clappy - YEAH! It is a very modified version but I'm happy with how it turned out. I wanted it to be thinner and longer so I only did 4 repeats instead of 6 in the increase section and I did 14 repeats instead of 12 in the straight section. I also did a variation called Coin Lace so in the "knit bars" which remain after dropping the stitches there is the coin lace. It doesn't really show up that well in these photos and it isn't as clear on this yarn since it is a bit thick as it is on thinner yarn but it adds some interest to it and I really like the way the lace stitch looks. Check out this one made by SK in the Clapotis 2008 KAL and you will see how gorgeous it can be on lighter weight solid colored yarn. I also made a big boo boo in my exhuberance to finish. When I started the decrease sections I was so excited that I forgot to drop one of the stitches!!! Shown here in the extra thick block. Luckily one of the wondeful folks on the KAL - Kiwimam - figured out how I could thread in some new yarn and then cut one stitch and drop it. My effort was far from perfect and I have a bit of a bump where I tied some knots but on a whole it turned out great using her fix. Also since I knit them before I had a blog I have never shown you my first two Clapotis. The first one I made for my very first International Scarf Exchange partner. I really didn't know what I was getting myself in to at that time but she really liked it. The second one I made for my sister after she said, "why don't you ever make anything for me!" I've never seen her wear it which is sort of a bummer but hopefully she enjoys it.