I also just found out that there will be a shower for the Little Man's kindergarten teacher who is expecting a baby in July. She is expecting a boy and she loves earth tones so I made this little veggie hat for her and I'm working on a blanket. The hat was VERY quick and a great and easy gift.
To continue with my "start-itis", I am thinking of knitting the Ulmus and have been trying to figure out what yarn combination to use. This is what I came up with and I need to do some swatching to see if these colors look right together. It's always so hard to find the perfect combination.
My good friend Kristin nominated me for an award.
Here are the RULES: you must resend this to 5 bloggers and you must tell 5 things about your crafts you like the most...what inspires you to make home made gifts.
1. I love the relaxing feeling of sitting and knitting something, watching it grow and seeing the end result.
2. I love experiencing all the different yarns out there these days especially the really soft ones and ones with amazing colors.
3. I love the community of knitting that exists on the web and in yarn stores.
4. I love to be able to make someone a gift that they will know truly came from the heart.
5. I love the possibilities knitting offers as can be seen from my ridiculous stash and pattern pile - if I knit them all I'll live forever!
Now for my fab five of inspiration - I decided to make sure I had five folks that I've never mentioned before. These are 5 people who don't know me at all and don't know that they have motivated me to knit things so let's let them know!
3. Brooklyn Tweed
5. Kody May