Thursday, July 03, 2008

Greetings from Rome!

We arrived in Rome today and have been having a great time so far. Check out our adventures on my travel blog travelingpeas.blogspot.com. I did some knitting on the plane but not as much as I had planned because I had to spend several hours doing the work I didn't quite manage to finish before I left! I brought my Cozy along as it has become my international UFO. I started it in April of 2006 on the way to Paris. It was my first lace pattern and I found it quite difficult so didn't get very far. I made several mistakes but amazingly enough with the lace pattern and my multi-colored yarn it is quite forgiving and you really can't see the mistakes. Then I picked it back up when we went to Mexico for New Year's 2007 and since I had then acquired more lace skills I found it quite enjoyable. However for some reason I did not finish it when I got home. So hope springs eternal in the eternal city and I am at it once again.

For this week's SP12 questions here we go:


1) What yarn (that you don't have/haven't used) would make your stash"complete"? I don't have a particular yarn I'm holding out for my stash to be complete. And besides, "complete" sounds like you're done. I don't think my stash will ever be done (until I am of course!) Any new yarn is most welcome to join my stash family. I'm particularly excited about the yarn that Jennifer sent me from Paris. I can't wait to figure out what it wants to be.


2) What yarn do you never want to be without? I must say that knitting my Cozy again I remember how much I LOVE this yarn. It is Curious Creek in a silk blend. Sooooooo yummy!


HAPPY JULY 4th everyone - please celebrate for me!

4 comments:

km said...

What a fun trip. Is this the year for Italy? You're the 4th family that I've heard has gone.

I love Curious Creek too. I've picked it up at my LYS a few times, but I've not bought it yet. I love their colorways. And, it's a California yarn.

smariek said...

Oooh, sounds like a fun trip. I take it you had no problems with bringing knitting needles on board.I hope you manage to finish your Cosmopolitan Cozy during this trip. And I can't wait to see photos of Rome, cuz I KNOW you will take some beautiful shots while you're there.

Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful shot of a beautiful project, and what a place to be able to snap it from!

Jknits said...

What an awesome idea - an international knitting project. Every time you wear it, you'll feel so exotic!