Tuesday, August 08, 2006

A life of Leisure

I got another great package from my wonderful SP8. She sent me this great gift basket of relaxing bath items. I'm looking forward to taking a long and luxurious bath and enjoying them. Thank you so much Brooke - you are the greatest! I can't wait for the big reveal later this month when I'll find out who she really is. On the knitting front I bought this great 127 yarn at Gossamer in Bend and I just love the color. It is a deep burgundy color with other colors mixed in here and there. I'm making another felted bag. This one has an oval bottom and flares out at the top. They had a sample at the store so I got the pattern and I'm excited to see how it works out. It has a little ridge around the bottom to help it stand up. On the simply glorious front there is this incredible garden down the street. An organic farmer grows flowers and vegetables. He mainly sells them to the local grocery stores but he also sells some on the corner. I just have to share these photos with you - I hope you like them as much as I do.

3 comments:

Kish said...

Your pictures always look so gorgeous! I love the vibrant colors. I am enjoying my time down a bit better. The next trip to the yarn store I am going to pick up some yarn to do the first project in the book. I thought that would be a great way to learn since it is a starter project. I am halfway done with the ballet camisole. I am heading home this weekend so will hopefully have pictures. I am anxious to see how the bag turns out. The colors are really great that you picked.

Bonnie O. said...

Those flowers are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures. I am making a felted bag as well - from KnitPicks. I need to do the handles and then felt it - I want to take it with me this weekend, but I am running out of time to finish anything. Glad you liked the Bath & Body works stuff. I found this tiny jar of lemon body scrup stuff - yuuuummmmmyyyy.